Design of a small apartment
Useful finds for the design of a small apartment
- A small living room is a lack of space for large cabinets. Try to make a shallow compartment or replace cabinets with chests of drawers, so you save space. Try to choose glossy finishing materials or use more mirrors in the design - this will visually expand the space by reflecting part of the room. The interior of a small living room is best decorated in bright colors, using simple decorative elements, light curtains, tulle or blinds. Try to avoid a large number of figurines and other souvenirs, as well as too small paintings on the walls, fluffy carpets on the walls and floors. They will visually reduce the room and collect a huge amount of dust on themselves.
- If there are animals in a small apartment, then their places for sleeping, bedding and bedding should be removed away. For example, you can place a cat or dog’s sleeping bag under a table or near a window, so it will not interfere with free movement and will not litter the space.
- The interior of a small kitchen involves moving the washing machine to the bathroom, if possible, and the refrigerator to the corridor or balcony. Such options are possible, the main thing is to properly plan the work area in a small kitchen so that as much space as possible remains for it. Do not try to fit everything in a small kitchenette. For example, if you can do without a washing machine in the kitchen, then it is better to give this cabinet under additional drawers or storage sections. Instead of a large dining table, you can make a kind of bar counter flowing into the windowsill. This will save space, since usually the width of the countertop from which this rack is made is less than the width of a full table. Do not be afraid to get high bar stools - it looks very stylish.
- In a small kitchen you need to make the most of the walls. For example, you can nail small shallow shelves, which will accommodate all the cans of tea and spices, which are now stored on the countertop, taking up a lot of useful space. And you can go even further and nail the rails - metal tubes with hooks, on which you can hang cups, pot holders, and other small objects that occupy the working surface of the table. A very fashionable idea now is storing pans and pots on a hanging holder. It looks very stylish, especially if you select a large part of the wall under it. So you free the cabinets for other dishes and occupy the unused space of the walls without visually weighting it.
- The design of a small bathroom is quite simple. Replace the bathroom with a shower cabin, turn all floor cabinets into hinged shelves. In addition, the design of small bathrooms includes skillful camouflage using panels hanging over the walls of pipes and oblique corners. Tile in the bathroom, choose gentle tones, discard the bright and dark combinations. You can use a combination of white with any other non-shading color. The design of small bathrooms also involves fixing the shelves under the ceiling. There you can store supplies of household chemicals without occupying the necessary space on the lower shelves and floor.
- To properly design the small bedroom, you need to abandon the massive headboard, bedside tables and massive cabinets. You can put a chest of drawers of small depth or place part of cosmetics and other small things on the windowsill. Pay special attention to large mirrors and proper lighting - this is how you will definitely win the battle with small square meters and prove that a successful design of small bedrooms is also possible!
A few more rules for designing a small apartment
- Bulky cabinets with a ceiling height visually very much reduce the vital meters of the room. Better get dressers and a mirrored wardrobe.
- Do not try to zone the room with the help of screens and partitions. It is better to put a sofa in the middle of the room, fencing off the workspace that remains behind the sofa, from the rest area in front.
- Read more useful interior magazines and blogs, as a rule, you can find a lot of necessary information on your problem on them. Believe that your apartment is far from the only small-sized one, there are people who live on much smaller meters than you. Take the advice of experienced people who have already encountered and successfully overcame the repair phase in a small apartment. Their advice will help you reduce the time to develop a plan for a new interior and protect from unnecessary acquisitions.
- In a small apartment, it is strongly discouraged to hang heavy curtains. They will close part of the window, preventing the free penetration of daylight. Replace them with blinds, roller blinds or tulle.
- Do not squash window sills with massive flower pots. Let them be free or serve to store more necessary things. It’s better to buy a pair of cute little flowers and plant them without blocking daylight.
- Wallpaper is better to choose plain or with a plain light pattern. Avoid embossed and dense wallpapers with shiny elements. Do not split the space of one room with wallpaper of different colors. It is better to buy wallpaper for painting, if you get tired of white, you can always change the color of your walls yourself.
- Owners of small apartments should refuse deaf bedside tables and coffee tables - you will literally stumble upon them when moving around the room, in addition, usually these interior items do not carry much load, so they are easily replaced with portable trays and shelves.
- The design of a small apartment does not involve unnecessary pieces of furniture. So, it is better not to put a flat-screen TV on a stand specially purchased for it, which will also take up part of the space. Attach the bracket to the wall and hang the TV at eye level or slightly lower. Thus, you will avoid buying an additional piece of furniture and find a use for an empty square wall. But remember that hanging the TV too high is also not worth it. Your neck will be uncomfortable and numb.
- Do not be afraid to use folding furniture. For example, it is very convenient to compactly store folding chairs or use a folding table, which, if necessary, can be expanded to a normal size.
- Make the most of the free space under your wardrobes, beds, and designs. There is nothing wrong with that if you carefully hide there a couple of boxes with unnecessary things. But do not be Plyushkins, it is better to throw away all unused things for a long time, they will make room for new necessary acquisitions.
When deciding on repairs in a small-sized apartment, do not forget that the design of a small room is, first of all, the ability to combine colors correctly, cleverly organize your workspace and place accents that emphasize your excellent taste and innovative approach. If you are the owner of a small apartment, do not worry! Make original repairs according to your own unique project and amaze all friends and family who do not recognize your apartment in a new look. Good luck to you!
I want to receive useful tips in the mail.
We have sent a confirmation email to your email.