6 ways to overcome laziness and finish the job
What to do if laziness prevents you from living? Read the advice of a psychologist and take action!
Psychologist Peter Stoletov studied this phenomenon for five years. As a result, it turned out that 95% of people have the habit of constantly postponing something. We do not undertake work that seems insanely boring to us, or that makes us fear of failure, or when it seems that we take too much on ourselves - all this threatens our intentions, our aspirations. We had to learn this lesson for a long time: any procrastination steals our precious time. Studies have shown that procrastination in such trifles is still flowers. The most grandiose things start small. Having made, as it seems to us, a minor mistake, we can provoke serious consequences. For example, late payment of bills. For each delayed day, a fine is imposed, and this is the money you lost. Putting aside the trip to the doctor, we risk health, and not having called mom, we lose the chance of communicating with her, although she is no longer young. “Slow people risk their health and happiness,” says psychologist Stoletov. But, if you are ready to change your life, you can learn how to get rid of slowness right now.
- Swap the beginning and end. When a difficult task appears on the horizon that needs to be solved, sometimes even the strongest and most determined woman will think: “Let me go and pinch my eyebrows.” Instead of resenting the far end, focus on the first step. Of course, it will take you time to think about where to start. But after all, thinking about something is already starting to do something. Take breaks, do not bring yourself to depression. Just ask yourself: “When can I continue?”
- Make a jerk. “Allow at least five minutes for hard work. If you are unbearable, be distracted by something. The main thing is to do this all the time, but in small portions. This is what I call jerking. Using this approach, you will never get tired of work, because just that you will not have time, ”explains Maria Tereshchenko, editor of the website. And advises: - Start with the questions: where could I start? What can I do? ” If you need to disassemble things in the pantry, take the first five minutes to pack old toys. Set a timer - exactly five minutes. Then get distracted by something, after some time, get busy cleaning again. And so things will move slowly. We all know: the hardest part is to get started! No wonder they say: the eyes are afraid, but the hands are doing. The problem for most of us is that we do not know how to take the first step - the most difficult. If you make the first breakthrough, then this is the result. We can assume that the ice has broken. Moreover, you can start and just do not stop, actions will cling to one after another. You’ll think: well, since I started, I’ll do this and that too ... And besides (just think), five minutes is quite a lot. You may wonder how much can be done during this time. Anna (49 years) every day washed a mountain of dishes for her household, and, to her surprise, it took only five minutes! Since then, she began to relate to washing dishes much easier. Be sure that nothing is impossible.
- Do not make grandiose plans. Which of us did not promise ourselves that he would certainly begin to do exercises in the morning? And how did it end? Of course, you constantly put off: “I'll start from Monday. No, better from Tuesday ... "
etc.With this approach, you simply doom yourself to failure. Sometimes we postpone the beginning of our plans, waiting for some kind of favorable moment, but this is an absolute delusion. In fact, we just pull the time. For convenience, you can create for yourself a whole system of tasks. To get started, make a list of things that you can actually accomplish within 24 hours. Instead of “Pay receipts for an apartment” write: “Find receipts, fill them out, put them in a prominent place.” Instead of “Buy a new bed in the son’s room” - “Call the furniture and ask about the availability of cots, search on the Internet.” Start small. To reach the top, you need to overcome all the sections.
3 more ways to overcome laziness
- Concentrate. Suppose you want to check your email. Go on the Internet, but suddenly you come across an advertisement: “Kirkorov’s most frank stories” or something like that, you immediately start to get distracted, then remember that you wanted to see the duck recipes with apples, and you completely forget about checking the mailbox. This can go on for a long time, every day you will sit down at a computer to read letters, but in the end you won’t. What is it? Forgetfulness? Or maybe an elementary inability to organize his time? Today, there are so many things that distract us from business, from our goal. Never before have people been so slow. It would seem that we need to urgently wash the dishes, but no, we are constantly distracted, in the end, when there are no more clean dishes, we decide to wash at least one. If you are distracted by advertising, just put spam blocking on your computer. If your attention is drawn to the TV, take it and unplug it from the wall outlet.
- Remember the pleasures. Slowness can lead to the fact that life imperceptibly passes by, and you do not even have time to enjoy it. Studies have shown that people who play sports often spend time with friends, perform their tasks faster than those who sit at home most of the time, doing minor things. Nothing happens in the lives of the latter. They close themselves and suffer from the same. And here is what many of them said: “I rarely manage to have a good rest. Sometimes it seems like I'm busy all day and as a result I feel chronic fatigue. But when I want to escape from worries, all the same, nothing comes of it. " Psychologists advise putting rest rather than work in the first place. But so that he was a kind of reward for his work. Let a trip to the bar with friends be your gift. Taking up the next task, do not complain about life, remember that at the end of each tunnel there is light. Arrange yourself a holiday more often. When you start a business, you will want to finish it sooner if you know that a reward awaits you.
- Overcome your fear. Our slowness is nourished by the fear of being bankrupt in the eyes of others. We are afraid that someone will underestimate our personality. Such a fear can forever put before you a powerful psychological barrier, and you can never show yourself. “If you feel that it is fear, ask yourself the question: what is the worst that can happen to me? - advises psychologist Ekaterina Bureeva, the author of the trainings. “Then think over all the possible consequences and what you will do in various crisis situations.” Suppose you were instructed to make a small presentation about the company in which you work. Suppose you failed, you failed the project. What's next? Your boss is furious and you will never get a promotion. So ... And how will you act? Yes, you will just continue to live, laugh, rejoice and do everyday activities. Be honest with yourself, in the end you will understand: no matter what happens (you were fired. The cakes that you prepared for your son’s birthday are inedible. Didn’t have time to lose the extra 5 kilos before your daughter’s wedding ...), your life does not end there. All failures will pass, and in the future you will laugh at yourself, recalling these little things. No need to be afraid, you need to be higher than this, then you will succeed.